VARIETIES, ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF BRACKET-SYSTEMS IN ORTHODONTICS
The basis of any orthodontic treatment is to install one of the varieties of brackets. It is up to a specialist or you to choose, what kind of system is the most suitable. Following consultation and thorough diagnostics of dental system and anatomical structure of the facial region, an orthodontist can offer several solutions to this issue in each individual case. When it comes to brackets, the last word is always after the patient in the selection of systems, but you also should listen to the advice of specialists. In our clinic dentists often use self-ligating bracket-system of the new generation Damon Q, Damon Clear.
Depending on the effective solution and used materials, such systems can be summarized in three major classes – ligature, non-ligature and lingual.
- Ligature metal – the earliest and cheapest option.
|-absence of aesthetics
-monthly visits to the orthodontist
Non-ligature metal – characterized by the ability of self-ligation.
|-shorter term of wearing
-rare visits to the doctor
- Ligature ceramic – more expensive, but less visible option.
|-low visibility and aesthetics||-high price
-coloring by food dyes
-frequent visits to the orthodontist
- Non-ligature ceramic – absolutely transparent and aesthetic, give up their invisibility only to lingual.
|-aesthetics and stability of shade
-short term of wearing
-absence of discomfort
|-a considerable cost
-restrictions and limitations in using
- Lingual bracket-systems – their fundamental difference from previous modifications is placing on the interior surface of the dentition. They are usually manufactured individually. At present, bracket-systems Insignia are the most modern tool of an orthodontist. Our dental clinic “Smile Studio” on the Left Bank offers this very type. We use innovative technology CAD/CAM which offers a fantastic computer accuracy of creating an individual model.
|-specific rules in oral care|
Orthodontic implants of various types can be used in the process of bracket installation. Microimplants are made in the form of titanium microscrews, fixed in the jaw bone tissue. The procedure of installation and removing is completely painless.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO WEAR RETAINER?
Wearing retainers can take about 2 years after the end of treatment. They are designed in the form of wiry arcs or plastic plates. Remember that they are necessary to lock in the results of orthodontics.
INDICATIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR ORTHODONTICS
Among indications for orthodontic treatment should be noted:
- Gaps between the teeth
- Malocclusion (includes touching gums with teeth)
- Excessive facial asymmetry
- Disturbances in the development of the jaw
- Incorrect teething in the dentition
Periodontal disease and cancer are absolute contraindications.
STAGES OF ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
Dentists in the clinic “Smile Studio” on the Left Bank necessarily carry out gnathological diagnostics before treatment, and based on the results of the functional analysis of dental system, they take a decision on individual treatment plan. Next, the dentist installs selected bracket-systems or manufactures other orthodontic systems. After the required number of visits the brackets will be removed and retainer will be installed instead.
WHY ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT SHOULD BE PERFORMED IN THE CLINIC “SMILE STUDIO”
Here we use the most innovative equipment.
- Modern European installations with soft orthopedic chairs which take shape of the body (memory-effect)
- Modern microscopes with German optics Stern
- Panoramic X-ray “Morita” (Japan) with extremely low level of radiation
- Wireless X-ray “Apixia” which allows taking pictures in the most inaccessible areas of the oral cavity
- Laser technology to restore aesthetics of enamel after wearing brackets
- Painless computer anesthesia STA
We guarantee to carry out diagnostics at the highest level. Our job is to give You Hollywood smile!