Tongue and lip tie laser correction is carried out when its normal anatomical organization and its attachment to the mucosa was damaged. Tongue tie is normally an elastic fold of the mucosa by length – 5-8mm which makes it hardly noticeable. About 3cm tongue tie is attached closer to the center of its underside. Its length, location and elasticity are individual for each person.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF TONGUE AND LIP TIE
Following crucial moments depend on ties:
- Balanced diet, especially in infancy.
- Maintaining lips in the right position and attachment to the mucosa.
- Development of occlusion.
- Clear articulation.
- Facial muscles work.
- Neat facial features.
IN WHICH CASES TONGUE AND LIP TIE LASER CORRECTION IS NEEDED?
Tongue and lip tie laser correction is particularly important under the following circumstances:
- Sucking and swallowing disorders in the newborn because of abnormal tie form.
- Incorrect articulation of the letter “r” and hissing sounds because of a short tie.
- Incorrect development of the whole jaw and occlusion.
- Development of diasystem and teeth antedisplacement.
- Gum recession with exposure of tooth neck.
Advantages of tie laser correction in “Smile Studio”, located in Kiev on the Left Bank, Berezniaky district:
- High speed – within a few minutes
- Painless – due to local anesthesia
- Bloodless – thanks to the ability of laser rays to instantly connect blood vessels.
- Without stitches – healing within days with the ability to feed normally promptly after the procedure. You just ought to avoid coarse and hot food within first days after tongue and lip tie laser correction.
AT WHAT AGE IS IT APPROPRAITE TO CARRY OUT TONGUE AND LIP TIE LASER CORRECTION?
By breastfeeding disorders frenulum correction is carried out immediately after the detection of its defect.
In other cases it is desirable that one should correct tie form and attachment method in active phase of occlusion changes and second dentition.
Specialists of the clinic “Smile Studio” carry out tongue and lip tie correction on an outpatient basis according to the newest laser technologies. Superpowerful and bright lamps will help a doctor eliminate tie defects to maximum precision whilst an up-to-date system of painless computer anesthesia STA will allow a little patient to avoid painful feelings.
PECULIARITIES OF POST-OPERATIVE PERIOD AND REHABILITATION – WHAT PARENTS OUGHT TO DO
During post-operative period it is desirable that parents should stick to 3 main rules:
- To monitor cleanliness of the oral cavity
- During the first days after laser correction you should avoid coarse and hot food
- The next day after the procedure you should pay a visit to a surgeon.
In a week after tongue and lip tie correction one can start myogymnastics – it is a special exercise complex for masticatory and facial muscles. Your baby will be excited about the gymnastics, when little ones can make funny faces at grown-ups, bringing joy to all of us!
Timely carried out tie laser correction can deliver you and your child from lots of problems in the future.