Many parents believe that caries treatment of milk teeth is not necessary and thus treat to this disease not serious enough. The explanation to this is quite simple – milk teeth are gonna fall out anyway, so why torturing little child? Bu it is not that simple. Advanced caries in milk teeth can lead to more serious consequences.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO TREAT CARIES OF MILK TEETH ON TIME?
Practice of our specialists from the dental clinic “Smile Studio”, located in Kiev, Yuri Shumsky 5 str., Berezniaky district, Left Bank, shows that advanced caries leads to serious problems.
- Maleruption and further growth of permanent teeth, because premature removal of teeth, damaged by caries, can lead to the teeth misplacement and jaw deformity. This in turn will cause the eruption of molars in the wrong place and their misplacement in the dentition. Such negligence leads to brackets and at worst – crooked teeth and malalignment.
- Complications, such as pulpitis and periodontitis with the formation of cysts and lesions of rudiments of permanent teeth.
- Problems with the gastrointestinal tract due to ingress of pathogenic flora from carious teeth and insufficient food chewing because of their premature removal.
Therefore, at the slightest sign of caries of milk teeth you should consult with a dentist. Experienced specialists of the clinic “Smile Studio” will choose the best and most appropriate method of treatment for Your baby.
CARIES TREATMENT OF MILK TEETH AT DIFFERENT STAGES – ALL THE BEST FOR CHILDREN
Our clinic “Smile Studio” applies modern innovative techniques and high-tech equipment for caries treatment of milk teeth. Little patients will be provided with modern European equipment with soft orthopedic chairs which take shape of the body (memory-effect) with powerful Italian LED lamps.
Depending on the extent of tooth issue damage, there are following kinds of caries:
- Superficial caries which is its initial stage. This is “white spots” stage, where only enamel is damaged as the process has not affected deeper tooth tissues yet. Methods of treatment of caries of milk teeth at its early stage do not require tooth preparation. In this case, remineralization of teeth is carried out by means of special preparations or silvering. The surface of the tooth is isolated from penetration of pathogenic microflora which prevents further caries processes.
- Middle caries in which the process is spreading to the main tooth tissue – dentin. In this case, dentists carry out cleaning and filling carious cavities.
- Deep process. With the development of deep caries, the problem might be solved radically be removing the causal tooth. However, this procedure can be performed only by a specialist after consultation and initial examination.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES OF CARIOUS MILK TEETH
Doctors of our clinic “Smile Studio”, carrying out routine examinations of teeth in children, can reveal not only hidden carious cavities, but also teach parents basic rules of caries prevention of milk teeth.
Most mums and dads do not even realize that it is necessary to brush teeth with the appearance of the very first milk tooth. Besides, your child’s teeth should be wiped with special napkins or it is also possible to use toothbrush-fingertip. Your child should adapt to this procedure from 6 months.
You should teach your child to brush teeth independently from 1-1.5 years old and it is better to use toothpastes from 2 years when your kiddie has learnt to split. The first toothbrush should be soft with rounded head and ergonomic handle, made of safe hypoallergenic materials. It is unacceptable to use cheap toothbrushes with plastic smell and likelihood of sharp chips.
A proper diet, treatment of metabolic disorders, stimulation of the immune system and elimination of malocclusion take a special place in caries preventive measures. So that the treatment of caries of milk teeth was successful, or in order to avoid treatment in the first place, your baby should undergo regular dental check-ups, following all recommendation and regularly brushing teeth