Periodontitis is one the most frequent pathologies of the oral cavity. This disease affects the gum tissue which surrounds the tooth and is followed by inflammation. Periodontitis is rapidly progressing and leads to teeth loosening which in the case of late treatment can cause their loss.
WHEN ONE SHOULD CONSULT WITH A PERIODONTIST – SYMPTOMS AND PROBLEMS’ MANIFESTATION?
Dentists have identified a number of symptoms that point to the development of the disease:
- Teeth loosening
- Bleeding gums
- Formation of pathological pockets between gums and teeth
- Fissures between teeth
- Bad breath
- Pain, itching, burning
- Increased sensitivity of the gums and teeth
- Purulent discharge
Modern dentistry “Smile Studio” in Kiev, on the Left Bank, conducts a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease of varying severity.
CONSERVATIVE METHODS OF TREATMENT OF PERIODONTAL DISEASES IN KIEV
Treatment of periodontal diseases depends on its degree and inflammation development. Diagnosing this disease the specialists of “Smile Studio” at first carry out a number of conservative measures which include:
- Initial doctor’s consultation. Detection of all possible pathological changes in the oral cavity and, if necessary, treatment therapy prescription and discussion of your treatment plan.
- Elimination of deposits in the oral cavity (removal of plaque, tartar and deposits in subgingival pockets). Removal of pathological accumulations on the teeth and gums is carried out using safe and painless ultrasonic scaler.
- Therapeutic procedures to eliminate inflammation. Depending on the patient’s condition and the degree of teeth and gums sensitivity, dentists can use a new generation of computer anesthesia STA.
- Prior to treatment, dentists eliminate caries, remove damaged teeth, if any, and perform full mouth debridement.
MODERN METHODS OF PERIODONTAL TREATMENT WITH GUARANTEE: VECTOR-THERAPY
Vector allows professionals of the clinic to work with affected tissues at the micro level. Vector-therapy is a conservative method of an effective complex treatment of periodontitis. The essence of the procedure is that particles of a special composition, swayed by vibration, can destroy plaque and microbial biofilm created by bacteria colonies on the teeth roots, removing even the tiniest particles. The tooth itself is not affected.
The results of Vector-therapy:
- Complete cleaning of the teeth and subgingival areas
- Elimination of gums bleeding; strengthening and improvement
- Suspension of teeth mobility
- Promotion the closure of gingival pockets
- Elimination of bad breath
This procedure lasts from 30 min to 2 hours. It is completely painless and lets the inflammation of periodontal tissue stop in a few visits.
PROSTHETICS IN CONSERVATIVE PERIODONTICS
Splinting. This procedure is indicated if there were detected teeth of the second or third degree mobility. High quality performance of splinting strengthens the affected teeth and eliminates the risk of bone atrophy. Such procedure prolongs “life” of the teeth and increases their resistance in bone.
If indicated, conservative periodontics implies splinting or prosthetic installation in case of teeth loss as a result of periodontitis and periodontosis lesion. Prosthesis substantially reduces load on “natural” teeth, prevents displacement, restores chewing efficiency and aesthetics of the teeth row.
In case, when conservative methods are not feasible or do not provide improvement, doctors prescribe radical treatment – surgery. This is a rather complicated procedure requiring professional dentists, periodontists and special equipment. Our clinic “Smile Studio” on the Left Bank corresponds to the best foreign dental centers and we have the best specialists in the field of periodontics. We guarantee our patients best result of high quality periodontitis treatment both with conservative methods and surgically.