Modern dentistry has rushed so greatly forward that now it is possible to install implants into the dental extraction socket. This technique of restoring chewing efficiency and integrity of the dentition is called one-stage or one-step implantation.
This technique emerged decades ago in Germany and recently appeared on the Ukrainian dental market. Our specialists traveled abroad in order to benefit European experience in conducting one-stage implantation and thus implement this knowledge in their practice to help Ukrainian patients.
THE TECHNIQUE OF ONE-STAGE IMPLANTATION SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERS FROM THE CLASSICAL DENTAL IMPLANTATION
One-stage implantation is indicated in several cases:
- Implant installation in dental extraction sockets
- Implant installation in the area with a sufficient level of bone tissue
- Installation of special implants in areas with significant atrophy (no need to carry out the operation of bone grafting)
Compared to classical implantation this technique is characterized by instant result. The report of implant placement with immediate loading is concluded in several steps:
- Tooth extraction (if any).
- Cleaning and expansion of the dental extraction socket with special implant burs.
- Implant installation with abutment (unitary construction).
- Manufacturing and installation of temporary crowns, directly or indirectly.
- Production of a permanent crown on the implant in a few months.
Due to the method of one-stage implantation, patients receive an artificial tooth right after removal. Single-phase implantation significantly expands the scopes of indications for their installation.
ONE-STAGE IMPLANT CAN BE INSTALLED IN SMOKERS AND PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM DIABETES
This technique was developed by German professors specifically for eliminating defects of the dentition in patients suffering from medical conditions which affect the process of osseointegration. Bad habits are also a contraindication for dental implants by classical technique.
Thanks to high qualification of implant users in the clinic “Smile Studio” in Kiev it is possible now to restore the dentition with one-stage implantation. Make an appointment to consult with our specialist for more information on this procedure.