At present, pediatric dentistry is coming through a rapid development which shows itself in applying the most progressive dental techniques and new treatment methods. Anesthesia in pediatric dentistry is one of the most important directions, which allows performing dental intervention in a stress-free and painless way.
COMMON RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MUMS AND DADS HOW TO SHOW A CHILD THAT DENTISTS HAVE NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF
Sooner or later all parents deal with the problem of tooth pain in their children which makes visit to the dentist inevitable. It is better, when it happens at an early age, as little kids have a reduced level of fear. It is advisable that it should be a preventive examination by “tooth fairy”, whilst here at our clinic “Smile Studio” the very first visit to the dentist will be limited by a simple mouth opening and demonstration of the sharpest and strongest teeth. Pediatric dentists of the clinic, located in Kiev, on the Left Bank, Yuri Shumsky 5 str., Berezniaky district, will give some tips how to brush teeth properly and how to find a cute toothbrush. The kind Doctor Aibolit will also recommend pleasant-smelling toothpastes for the littlest ones.
Next visit to the dentist will not arouse any negative emotions and your baby will gladly seat in a comfortable orthopedic chair of modern European equipment which takes shape of the body.
If problems with teeth started unexpectedly and require urgent dental care, which is associated with pain, “Smile Studio” professionals will be able to deliver your baby from all unpleasant moments by all means possible.
ALL KINDS OF ANESTHESIA IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY – SAFE METHODS ONLY
For the time being, all existing methods of anesthesia during dental interference can be divided into the following arts depending on anesthesia type:
Local anesthesia has several kinds:
- Application anesthesia of the site with forthcoming injection-anesthetic using aerosol or a delicious-smelling gel based on lidocaine or benzocaine.
- Injection with a cartridge syringe – local anesthetic, usually articaine, which is 5 times more effective than novocaine, in a few minutes after “freezing”.
- Painless computer anesthesia STA (anesthesia of one tooth) with computerized system of anesthetic supply, established by the company Milestone. Thanks to this innovative technique, implemented by the professionals of the clinic “Smile Studio”, anesthesia became safer, painless, simpler and maximally predictable.
Application anesthesia can be used not only to deliver from pain sites of anesthetic injection, yet it has also an autonomous nature by following procedures:
- Extraction of milk teeth and molars of the third degree mobility
- Removal of tartar deposits
Mucosa diseases and gingivitis as a temporary pain reliever
Unfortunately, application anesthesia in pediatric dentistry does not solve the general problem of anesthesia in all other cases, when pain is clearly pronounced and there is a significant psycho-emotional anxiety.
In exceptional cases (for example, during the treatment or extraction of more than 6 teeth at a time, allergy to local anesthetics and in systemic diseases – epilepsy, ICP, Down syndrome) it is possible to carry out general inhalation anesthesia through the modern medicament of a new generation “Sevoflurane” also known as “Sevoran” and “Suprane”.
One way or another, experienced dentists will be able to select an optimal type of anesthesia in pediatric dentistry “Smile Studio”. You have nothing but tell them everything about your child’s health.